Make like Michelangelo’s famous statue of David, because the Art Series Hotel Group’s No Robe package is inviting guests to strip off and strike a pose for art from 1 May to 15 June!
The ‘No Robe package’ asks guests to reveal the real them for a team of artists to capture the image in art form forever, however, some modesty is assured – the innovative experience involves a ‘special camera unit’ being delivered to guests, who then have a set period of time to take a photo using a timer before the unit is removed. Photos are sent via an encrypted link to artists who will line draw the subjects remotely from their own studio. The photo will be deleted permanently and will not be distributed anywhere else!
So, as simple as taking a disrobed selfie, but with a beautifully packaged art memento (signed delivery!) at the end of it!
Thousands of people who joined in the Dark Mofo Nude Solstice Swim, and the NSW Gallery’s recent exhibition ‘Nude’, are testament to the growing interest in the celebration of the naked body and self-expression. No Robe package guests are encouraged to think of creative ways to strike their pose, outside of just letting their robe fall to the floor.
“Lets face it, as long as people have been around, so has nudity. At Art Series we don’t buy into the ‘Nude is Rude’ camp of thinking. We want to encourage our guests to dare to be different and bold – to celebrate their individuality and feel liberated in their own skin. It’s about stripping away hang-ups and be free – nude or not!” said Will Deague, CEO of Art Series Hotels.
Guests who prefer not to pose for a life drawing can still get involved by sharing a photo on Instagram, encapsulating ‘being free’ within the hotel. Guests need to simply tag #norobe to be in with the chance of winning a night on Art Series.
How the package works
• One night accommodation in any suite at each Art Series across Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Bendigo
• Guests will be able to select a time to have the unit delivered to their room by Art Series staff
• Guests have a set period of time to take a photo utilising the camera with a timer before the unit is removed
• Photos are then sent via an encrypted link to artists. Artists will line draw the subjects remotely from their own studio. The photo will be deleted permanently and will not be distributed anywhere else
• Guests are sent their drawing in a beautiful package, signed delivery, from Art Series Hotel Group
• The Olsen – South Yarra, Melbourne
• The Cullen – Prahran, Melbourne
• The Blackman – St. Kilda Road, Melbourne
• The Larwill Studio – Parkville, Melbourne
• The Schaller Studio – Bendigo, Victoria
• The Watson – Walkerville, Adelaide
• The Johnson – Spring Hill, Brisbane